Taunton Station offers some good photographic viewpoints depending on the time of day. The sun provides good opertunities for up trains during the morning, and down trains during the late afternoon into the evening. Freight operations vary on a daily basis, these are operated by Freightliner Heavy Haul and DB Schenker, with occasional visits by Direct Rail Services and GB Railfreight.
Taunton Station staff are very friendly and tolerant of those wishing to take photos of trains. However we advise you stay within the station boundries at all times, and do not use flash photography in accordance with Network Rail guidelines.
- Latest Images
- Photo Archive
- Photos from 2012>
- Photos from 2011>
- A Day in Welsh Wales!
- Pontypool & Blaenavon - Diesel Gala
- Severn Valley Railway - Diesel Gala
- London Underground Heritage Running
- Dean Forest Railway - Diesel Gala
- West Somerset Railway - Mixed Traffic Gala 2011
- Great Central (North) - Diesel Gala 2011
- Great Central Railway - Diesel Gala 2011
- East Midlands Parkway & Loughborough - May 2011
- Swanage Railway - Diesel Gala 2011
- South Devon Railway - Easter Gala 2011
- Taunton Area
- Contact Us
- Video Links